Staying fit during the holiday period can be difficult but nothing is impossible. To achieve a holiday where you are healthy, you need an arsenal of tips that you can use to navigate the parties and events that you will be going to.
6 Tips Stay Fit During the Holiday’s:
- Contact a personal trainer: Personal trainers are like the stewards that help people understand what health and fitness is all about. If you know that you need more help to be disciplined, you should consider working with a personal trainer. The advantages of working with a personal trainer include that they are committed to seeing you succeed and they will push you to stick to your plan even through Christmas and New Years Eve parties.
- Go swimming: Local pools are affordable which makes swimming an exercise that you simply have to try out for the holidays. The benefit of going swimming is you are giving yourself the opportunity to make your arms and legs lean. Different types of swimming styles such as the butterfly enable swimmers to have defined arms, shoulders and backs. With the sugary drinks that will surface during Christmas, swimming is the perfect anecdote to the drinks you will be tempted with this holiday season.
- Maintain a running schedule: The bloated bodies that New Years drinking seems to create can also make people be behind schedule when it comes to running. The brilliant feature about going running is that you can do it without going to the gym depending on where you live. Endeavor to maintain a timetable of when you must go running such as during the weekends to hedge against the onslaught of parties that you will be going to. Running burns plenty of calories which is music to the ears of anyone who wants to be healthy during the holidays.
- Opt for kick-boxing: Improving your posture is critical to being physically fit. This might be the last thing you are thinking about for the holidays however a weekly kick-boxing class could help you to increase your physical fitness levels by increasing your stamina.
- Snack on healthy food, not treats: As tempting as it may be, you should only be snacking on food like nuts and yogurt to avoid the hunger pangs for chocolate and potato chips. Healthy snacks can be eaten alongside nutritious meals especially on days when you know you are going out to a party or going to a bar for the evening. This will stop you from snacking when you are out which inevitably will increase your calorie count because snacks at bars tend to have more sugar and salt.
- Manage your alcohol consumption: The number one culprit of excess holiday pounds is too much drinking during the holiday season. Don’t deprive yourself of your favorite shots or cocktails for the holiday period; however, make sure that you manage how many alcoholic drinks that you have. Giving yourself a set number of alcoholic drinks that you can’t go over for the whole holiday season is a good way to start.
Being healthy during the holidays is not out of reach. Use any of these top tips to get a head start on managing your weight during the fun of the holiday season.
By contributing author, Richard Orban. Written on behalf of Well Wisdom. If you’re looking for grass fed whey protein shakes, look no further!